What are the Cloudex awards?
Keen to profile innovative and emerging players in the UK cloud industry, Clearwater International launched its Cloudex awards in 2013 in order to highlight the country’s top 20 independently-owned cloud technology businesses.
The awards comprise a panel day where judges deliberate on applications, before shortlisting a top 20, selecting an overall top 3 , plus a ‘One to Watch’ winner.
This is followed by a central London awards ceremony where we invite all applicants for a night of celebration and to hand out prizes to the winners.
Who can apply?
Any cloud focused private or private equity owned business from start-ups to market leaders.
Who are the judges?
We have lined up an esteemed panel of industry experts to adjudicate the UK’s most exciting cloud businesses. This year, our panel includes:
- Sanj Bhayro, Salesforce.com;
- James Bourne, CloudTech;
- Simon Hansford, UKCloud (2015 winner); and
- Emma Rodgers, Clearwater International.
Previous panelists have included representatives from Salesforce, Megabuyte and some of the leading UK private equity houses.
What criteria do we look for?
- How innovative was the company?
- Was it a first mover in its market?
- How cloud pure was it, and what percentage of the business was cloud?
- To what extent are the company’s products a must-have for customers?
- What is the growth trajectory of the business?
- What is the financial performance of the company?
How do businesses apply?
2016 Winner: Fairsail
“We are very much in scale-up mode and this is fantastic recognition for the hard work and dedication of our team. We have a wonderful culture here and as a very fast growing business we are extremely mindful of keeping that culture intact while bringing new people in. As a business we are very agile and quick to react to our amazing customers, and the reach of our brand is expanding further every single day.”